Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My name is Cristina E. Soria and I am a teacher candidate at the Institute of Professional Education Development at the University of Wisconsin- Parkside. A few other things about myself: I was born in California but raised in Wisconsin, I like to spend time outside with my dogs and my favorite food is pizza.

About the blog: I will use this blog to share my evaluations on 24 different children's books that I choose throughout the course of January in my EDU 333 ( Children's and Adolescent Literature and New Literacies) class.  The goal is to be able to choose literature that is culturally informed, sensitive and relevant to children's interest.

These are the types of books you can expect to see:
- picture books
- graphic novels
- early chapter books
- books written in the last four years
- books that support a diverse protagonist (gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, economic, familial and religion will all be considered)
- bilingual
- books that will engage middle school readers
- online materials

I am beginning to pick some books out, if you would like to make any suggestions I would love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment